Canada has quite close ties with the gaming industry, and Canadian casinos online are very popular. As for the prominent gamblers, several local residents have achieved outstanding success, managed to make a lot of money and became champions of various tournaments. Almost every year, a representative of Canada ranks first as for the results of this or that competition.
Rising to Poker Fame
Poker is considered a game of chance that requires a strong mind, endurance and good experience to win. With the development of internet technologies and the emergence of a large number of online casinos, this game has acquired an even larger number of players of various levels of professionalism. As a result, there were champions from Canada who managed to reach the heights of poker skills. The most notable among them are these heroes:
- Guy Laliberte is a Quebec-born longtime champion of the most prestigious poker tournaments. Guy has many valuable titles and solid cash wins. In addition, he is famous for his charitable activities, during which he not only donates significant parts of his winnings to help people, but also established a well-known charitable foundation.
- Daniel Negreanu, a Toronto native, has achieved impressive success in both online and land-based poker tournaments. He has won the WSOP gold bracelet six times and the WPT top award twice. He is an outstanding player and continues to pursue his career in poker competitions, now ranking third in the world hierarchy of the best gamblers of all time. He reportedly earned over $42 million.
- Sorel Mizzi from Toronto is a professional poker player with over $10 million in tournament earnings. He also successfully plays in online poker: here his income exceeds $2 million.
- Evelyn Ng is one of the best female poker players in the world. She was born in Toronto and gained immense fame in 2003, after breathtaking victories over other professional gambling women.
Top Blackjack Player
Blackjack has been and remains one of the most popular games, both in live competitions and on online platforms. Monica Reeves from Ontario has a brilliant star of this activity and has succeeded as a professional player. Thanks to the knowledge and skillful application of the best strategies, Monica managed to win several large blackjack tournaments, forever entering the history of gambling in Canada. Her earnings from land-based tournaments alone amounted to more than $40,000.
Behind the Scenes
The gambling industry is not just about the players, but also about the many other people who create the conditions for tournaments and casinos and online venues. Among the people who have had a major influence on the development of the industry, it is worth mentioning these Canadians:
- John Lefebvre, the founder of the NETeller payment service, was born in Calgary. His payment system is used with great success in many online gambling establishments.
- Calvin Eyre is the creator of Bodog news brand, which is now the most complete source of information about all events in the world of online gambling.
The Bottom Line
Currently, online casinos in Canada are going through a period of rapid development, which means that soon there will definitely be new famous players of Canadian origin.